To study the science of Cryptography and to implement a cryptography library of industry standard Algorithms, and Simulate Private Key and Public Key Cryptography by implementing Key Distribution Centre (KDC), a Certification Authority (CA), a sample application (Secure Messenger) to illustrate their use.
This project was undertaken with a goal of understanding the fields of Network security and cryptography. The project can be primarily divided into the following modules:
- Cryptography Library: This library implements various industry standard symmetric and asymmetric key ciphers.
- The library also provides functionality for hash functions etc. In all a total of seven, industry standard algorithms have been implemented in this library. This library is used in the Private Key and Public key Cryptography modules as well as the sample application.
- Private Key Cryptography Module (PrCM): This module simulates mutual authentication protocol as proposed by is [NEUM93a] and is responsible for distribution of private keys.
- Public Key Cryptography Module (PuCM): This module simulates mutual authentication protocol as proposed by is [NEUWOO92b] and is responsible for distribution of private keys and Public keys both.
- Sample Application (Secure Messenger): The sample application illustrates how the above mentioned modules can be utilized together for secure communication over the network.