The Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) is a UK based international organization for electronics, electrical, manufacturing and IT professionals. It provides specifically tailored products, services and qualifications to meet the needs of today's technology industry. The IEE supports knowledge and education that will underpin engineering in the 21st century and represents engineering and IT in its broadest context. It is Europe’s largest professional body for engineering and IT professionals and has over 130,000 members worldwide.
In continuance with their pursuit of excellence in professional education, students of AIACTR have joined the IEE as student members. The AIT IEE Student Chapter has prepared an exhaustive activity calendar for the current year which includes Technical Visits, Guest Lectures, and Technical Events etc. and aims to foster professionalism among members. Two Expert Lectures namely:
- Audio/Video Compression Techniques delivered by Mr. R.K Singh (Chief Engineer A.I.R.)
- Introduction to .NET delivered by Mr. Ashwani Sharma (Microsoft Academic Evangelist) have already taken place in the month of January and February of 2005. The students have been actively participating in the talks organized by IEE Delhi International Branch, note worthy of which are:
- Talk on “Bioinformatics”. The speaker was Dr. Amol Prakash, EE Department, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- Talk on HR Management in IT Industry-TCS’ Best Practices. The speaker was Mr. Daman D. Sood, Consultant, Business Excellence, Tata Consultancy Services, Noida.
- Technical event with theme “Vision Telecommunication-Trends in development at present and in future”. The key note speakers for the event were:
- Dr Alfred Robert, CEO IEE on”Role of IEE in R&D, Professional development and Training”.
- Mr.K.L.Jain, Member Technology, Telecommunication Commission
- Mr.A K Sinha, CMD BSNL
- Presidential Address by Prof Dr John O Reilly
- Mr.N.Mishra, Secretary Telecommunications
The chapter has won laurels for successfully managing the recent visit of IEE President Prof. John O Reilly and CEO Dr. Alfred Roberts to India and the Technical event on” Vision Telecommunication-Trends in development at present and in future”.
The chapter has provided a common meeting ground for likeminded professionals to share knowledge and ideas which will propel research work in technology.